May 5, 2018
Box Score | Photo Gallery
UTA (21-25, 11-11 Sun Belt) 0, Appalachian State (14-31, 5-17 Sun Belt) 5
Arlington, Texas - Clay Gould Ballpark
May 5, 2018
Team Records and Series Notes
- UTA is 21-25, 11-11 in the Sun Belt. Appalachian State is 14-31, 5-17 in the Sun Belt)
- UTA leads the all-time series, 8-2 and enter the series winners of seven consecutive meetings.
- The series will conclude with the nightcap of a series-opening doubleheader at Clay Gould Ballpark on Saturday, 45 minutes following the conclusion of the opener. UTA will start junior righty Ka'ikepono Anderson (0-2, 5.36 ERA) vs. App State junior lefty Andrew Viccacio (1-9).
- UTA Coach Darin Thomas has a 317-304 career record in his 11th year.
- Thomas ranks second in UTA history in career wins.
- The Mavs turned their 40th double play of the year.
- UTA is 7-3 vs. conference opponents at home.
- UTA is 6-5 on Saturdays.
- The Mavs are 6.5-8 in their all white uniform combination.
- The Mavs are 0-2 in May.
- UTA is 6-8 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UTA is 2-1 in doubleheaders.
- Junior CF Noah Vaughan made his team-leading 86th consecutive start.
- Vaughan has reached base safely in 38 of 46 starts.
- Senior RHP Trae Patterson made his 12th start of the year and the 27th of his career.
- Patterson is 3-2 in 2018 and 10-6 in his career.
- UTA is 6-6 in Patterson's starts.
- Patterson has six quality starts in 2018 and 17 in his career.
- Senior LF Christian Hollie singled to open the second inning and has reached base safely in 37 of his 45 starts in 2018.
- Sophomore 2B Zac Cook has reached base safely in 35 of his 39 starts.
- Cook has reached base safely in 56 of his 65 career starts.
- Senior 1B Omar Salinas has reached base safely in 28 of his 30 starts in 2018 and in 76 of his 80 career starts.
- Salinas was hit by his fourth pitch of the year and the 10th of his career.
- Junior C Will Olson has reached base safely in 40 of 45 starts in 2018.
- Sophomore SS Josh Minjarez had reached base safely in 39 of 44 starts in 2018.
- Junior RHP Andrew Gross made his 18th appearance of the year.
- Senior 3B RJ Williams has played in 191 games with 177 starts.